Chapter Outings Leader I Training
Dates: May 16, 2020 (postponed & combined with October 17 training) or October 17, 2020
If you would be interesting in leading for the Sierra Club and become a Level I Chapter Outings Leader (lead hikes and car camps), here’s what you need to do:
1. Have been on at least four Sierra Club outings.
2. Be a Sierra Club member.
3. Be at least 18 years of age.
4. Attend the Level I Chapter Outing Leader training class.
5. Obtain a Red Cross Standard First Aid card or equivalent before proceeding to step six.
6. Plan, publish and execute 2 evaluation outings before October 2021 .
The COL I Training sessions will be held in May and October each year. You will get classroom training on COL practices and policies, group management, how to publicize your outing and well as outdoor training to review the classroom training through scenarios.
Class size is limited. Please submit the application through the link below.
Applications will be accepted for the October training until September 25, 2020. Applicants will be notified by October 2, 2020 if not sooner.