Chapter Outings Leader I Training
Dates: All face to face activities are currently on hold until after February 28, 2021 as mandated by the National Sierra Club, we all postponing all leader training. We encourage you to still apply at this time. And we will contact you once we reschedule the trainings.
If you would be interesting in leading for the Sierra Club and become a Level I Chapter Outings Leader (lead hikes and car camps), here’s what you need to do:
1. Have been on at least four Sierra Club outings.
2. Be a Sierra Club member.
3. Be at least 18 years of age.
4. Attend the Level I Chapter Outing Leader training class.
5. Obtain a Red Cross Standard First Aid card or equivalent before proceeding to step six.
6. Plan, publish and execute 2 evaluation outings one year from the date of your training .
The COL I Training sessions will be held in May and October each year. You will get classroom training on COL practices and policies, group management, how to publicize your outing and well as outdoor training to review the classroom training through scenarios.
Class size is limited. Please submit the application through the link below.