Chapter Outings Leader I Training
Dates: Sierra Club National has started to open up face to face activities with certain restrictions. We would like to host a leader training this fall/winter. We are looking into venues that will meet our needs. In the meantime, if you are interested in taking the Chapter Outings Leader Training Level 1, we encourage you to apply at this time. We will contact you once we find a suitable location to host the training.
If you would be interesting in leading for the Sierra Club and become a Level 1 Chapter Outings Leader (lead hikes and car camps), here’s what you need to do:
1. Have been on at least four Sierra Club outings.
2. Be a Sierra Club member.
3. Be at least 18 years of age.
4. Attend the Level 1 Chapter Outing Leader training class.
5. Obtain a Red Cross Standard First Aid card or equivalent before proceeding to step six.
6. Plan, publish and execute 2 evaluation outings one year from the date of your training .
The COL 1 Training sessions will be held in May and October each year. You will get classroom training on COL practices and policies, group management, how to publicize your outing and well as outdoor training to review the classroom training through scenarios.
Class size is limited. Please submit the application through the link below.