Chapter Outings Leader I Training
Dates: Saturday, April 20, 2024 OR Saturday, October 19, 2024
If you would be interesting in leading for the Sierra Club and become a Level 1 Chapter Outings Leader (lead hikes and car camps), here’s what you need to do:
1. Have been on at least four Sierra Club outings.
2. Be a Sierra Club member.
3. Be at least 18 years of age.
4. Attend the Level 1 Chapter Outing Leader training class.
5. Obtain a Standard First Aid certificate before proceeding to step six.
6. Plan, publish and execute 2 evaluation outings one year from the date of your training .
The COL 1 Training sessions will be held in Spring and Fall each year. You will get classroom training on COL practices and policies, group management, how to publicize your outing and well as outdoor training to review the classroom training through scenarios.
Class size is limited. Please submit the application through the link below.
Applications will be accepted until April 5, 2024 for the spring training and October 4, 2024 for the fall training. Applicants will be notified by April 6, 2024 and October 12, 2024 respectively.